Supervising First Aid for Mental Health – RQF Level 3 – Ofqual regulated
Duration – 2 days (12 hours)
This course is particularly suitable if you
- Are a manager or supervisor responsible for staff in your work place
- Want to a detailed understanding of mental health issues affecting workplaces
- Want to be able to help build a positive mental health culture
- Want to be able to create and apply a mental health action plan for your organisation
This course builds on the Level 2 Award in First Aid for Mental Health and covers a wider range of mental health conditions and goes into detail on the range of therapy and professional support that a person may be given by professional bodies during treatment for a mental health condition.
The course is suitable for all persons within a workplace but is aimed at those who hold a supervisory/managerial level position and who have responsibility for implementing a positive mental health culture and responsibility for First Aid for Mental Health within an organisation.
A range of subjects are covered including:
- What is First Aid for Mental Health?
- Identifying mental health conditions
- Providing advice and starting a conversation
- Drugs and alcohol
- First Aid for Mental Health action plan
- First Aid for Mental Health in the workplace
- A large range of Mental Health conditions covered in detail
Signposting & Professional Support
For reference we have added a page with some links to organisations that can provide information and support regarding a number of different types of mental health conditions and related issues.
Assessment and Certification
Summative practical assessment is ongoing by the instructor each day, along with a written assessment on each day. A Level 3 Award in Supervising First Aid for Mental Health will be issued to the learner, subject to successful assessment.
This qualification is aimed at those over 16 who are able to undertake the responsibilities associated with being a workplace mental health first aider.
On-site and Open Courses
Book an on-site course for up to 12 delegates at your own premises, alternatively book onto one of our open courses. All our course prices include registration, certification and manual.